Monday, 8 November 2010

Crafty Cardmakers - Dry Embossing Spotlight

Hi Everyone

Here is my card for the design team for crafty cardmakers Dry embossing spotlight.

Photobucket
For this card, I started with starburst stains and other mica powder sprays and put them onto a sheet of acetate. I then used a brayer to transfer the colour onto the snowflake embossing folder, which I then rang though my cuttlebug. I allow the paper to dry and then added my micra powder to highlight the embossing and to further highlight I added stickles. I used a nestie to cut the window out. The images are magnolia - Winter day scene and the snowy fence. Which have been coloured in a combination of copic's, distress inks and Inktense pencils. I added flowersoft and stickles to them as well.

The flowers are paper flowers that I layered up and then used the scrunch technique to create the effect I wanted. I sprayed them with water and then added micra powder to them. Once dry I added stickles to them. The leaves are created using a punch and then I have added more stickles to them.  I have added beads to the arrange of flowers. 

I used a selection of beads and sequins for my shaker.


I am entering this card in the following challenges:

7 comments:

  1. Beautifully sparkly! Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a fantastic shaker card! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicky

    What a super Christmas card, love the little scene and it looks perfect framed.

    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week and good luck.

    B x
    More Stampalot candy here

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really pretty scene.
    Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Toria, another fabulous card and such a lot has gone into it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning and beautifully executed card Toria.
    Love your embossing and your clever use of the nestie 'negative'.
    Love it!
    Hugs
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you were covered in glitter after making that card :) Lots of detail and the mica gives it a lovely shimmer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
Lv Toria

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails