Saturday, 21 August 2010

My Family

I have some very exciting news to tell everyone.


This morning the latest magnolia Ink magazine arrived and I have won the Family portrait competition, with this creation.


Photobucket



The Family

I wanted to create a project that look like an old sepia picture with some added glitz.


The images are all stamped in Memento ink.  I have coloured the skin with Copics and the rest with distress inks (only my second time at using them).  The flowers are created with punches using parchment paper coloured with chalk and distress inks.  I have edge them with gold stickles.  The leaves are punched from various papers and some of them I have darkened using distress inks.  The images have all been cut out and them glue to a distress ink background with added shadows.  I layered up layered of card, edged with walnut stain distress ink and gold stickles on to beige mount board. 


So I thought, I would introduce to my family (the inspiration behind this creation).

Group one

Photobucket


Tilda picking flowers:  My Mum, Judith. My mum loves flowers, so I had to chose a Tilda with flowers.  I added flowersoft to her Lilac's.


Mum and Me (aged 3) on Rusty



The dog is my Mum and Dad's Jack Russell, Pippin.  I added Glossy accents to her nose
Pippin Hiding in the car
The horse is my horse, William, who is 26 years old.  He is a real character and gentleman.

William dressed up for Christmas.

Group Two

Photobucket

Edwin with Chicken - My Dad, David.  The egg and chicken have Glossy Accents for extra detail.

Family Portrait - Graduation 2005

My Dog, Rosie.

Rosie - Suffolk 2009 (her first holiday)

The last Tilda - Tilda with cat.  Is me holding our cat Lucky.
Lv toria


10 comments:

  1. Shut - Up!!! This is totally wicked news!! CONGRATS!!!! Love the portrait!!! WoO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats darling this is fantastic and a well deserved win
    Hugs Susie Sugar xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Way to go, Mag ink huh! Fabulous!!!!!!!


    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a thrill this must have given you, but oh so well deserved. Well done you :-)

    Love all the little insights as to how the card came about, and all your old photos.

    Congrats

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous creation Hunni - you so deserved to win this! The colouring is wonderful and so evocative and full of love!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent news, very well done hunny! Must have taken you ages to put all them together but worth it x

    Have left u sumfink on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win, not surpising though - your card is fab. I love how you've told who's who as well! Well done
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Toria, I am so lucky to be your follower and have your amazing card in my magnolia magazine sat on my table right now. well done that girl. hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey well done you!!! Well deserved XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
Lv Toria

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails