Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Crafty Cardmakers - Spotlight - Punches

Hi Everyone

Here is my card for the Crafty Cardmakers, Spotlight challenge - Punches

I have tried to follow Joy's recipe from the main challenge on Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge 26 - Joy's Recipe:

1. Use stickers or punches
2. Use the colour orange or yellow
3. Include and animal or fish

I had some trouble with this card, as for some reason, my glossy accents would not dry and to top it off, one of the fish decided to jump out of the water and down the back of the radiator (I still have not fished it out!)





Photobucket


I created a tent card from yellow card and some paper, that was free from a magazine. I cut a aperture using a circle cutter.


Photobucket
The Seahorse, Weed and Mermaid are from the latest Magnolia Stamp Club. They are all stamped with Memento Ink. For both the images, I created coloured paper, using combination of Starburst Stains and Mica Powder. I stamped the one mermaid on white card and coloured her face and hair with Copics and Spica Glitter pens. Then I stamped her twice on to two different starburst backgrounds, that I created.  Then I used these to paper pieced her together.


Photobucket
The Seahorse is stamped directly onto Starburst Stain Background.  I added extra colour to the seahorse, with Mica paints and then once dried, I covered it with Glossy Accents.


I made a hole in the top of the seahorse and the tent card. Then using jump rings and chain, I hang the seahorse from the top of the card.

PhotobucketI also stamped the weed on the starburst paper and added these to the inside of the card.






Fish are created from three different punches - A leaf and two different sized hearts.  They are punched from the backgrounds I created using the starburst stains. 



Photobucket


To make them you will need to cut the following:

  • Body - 1 Leaf

  • Tail - 1 large heart

  • Fin - 1 Smaller heart, cut in half
Photobucket
Photobucket

Once stuck to together, I used a waterproof pen to add an eye, scales and details to the tail/fin.  I added more colour to them with mica paint.  Once dry I covered them in Glossy Accents.

I am entering this in the following challenges:

  • Creative Inspirations - Animals
  • Prairie Fairy - 3D

 Lv Toria



7 comments:

  1. I came looking for this yesterday to tell you what a masterpiece it is, but it wasn't here. So you have to take the compliment today instead--lol---This is all so totally great! You have the greatest ideas! I love how you put your fish to gether and made Tilda come alive. Pls be sure to enter this in Prairie Fairy Fun Friday for the challenge theme 3D ! It is AMAZING!!! love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Toria. And those little fishes are just amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so perfect for our 3D theme at the FFF challenge blog this time! Wonderful, amazing creation! Love every detail!!! Cute, cute mermaid Tilda!! :) Hugs, Hege

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's gorgeous, Toria. I love the flowery-sea background, and those fish are very inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Chuck - love the Tilda Mermaid and they Dp's you used.
    Hugs,
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh this is just amazing! Love it! So much detail and just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Toria on winning at Prarie Fairie.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
Lv Toria

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails