Monday, 9 August 2010

Birthday Balloons and Crafty Cardmarkers 1st Birthday

Hi Everyone

Crafty Cardmakers is 1 year old and to celebrate this, the theme for the challenge is Birthday's.  Here is my Design Team card for the challenge this week.
Photobucket


I am a member of a parchment group and a question was asked on the group, about stamping on parchment.  I have stamped on parchment paper before, so I thought I would used this method for this card. 


Photobucket




I choose to use Tilda unwrapping a present and stamped her onto the parchment paper with memento ink.  I left it to dry over night.  I usually use stazeon but as I wanted to use copic's and stazeon does not work with copic's. I found that when using copic's on parchment paper, the colour of the copic is not as bright as it would be on paper.  So to get round this I layed the colour up to get the desire depth, I wanted.  The other thing, I found was when I wanted a much lighter area then I could use the blended to remove the colour from the parchment.


The papers are from Papermania apart from the pink spot one, which is a freebie from a magazine.  


Photobucket

All the images are stamped in Memento Ink. The banner of flags (also by Magnolia) and balloons (Cute Companions) are stamped on to matching papers, that I used on the main card. I have added colour to the flags and balloons with Spica glitter pens. The flags are stuck onto a piece of pink thread that I have sewn onto the card and I have added strings to the balloons with black pen.


Photobucket



 I used nestablilities to cut out an aperture in the blue card and also for the pink spot frame. I added heart brads to corner of the blue card and I like the idea of the flower paper showing though the parchment paper. 


Photobucket





I am entering this card in the following challenges:


Lv Toria





15 comments:

  1. Hi Toria its so perfect, love all the shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is really so cute and pretty! I love the look the parchament paper gives! I'll have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, love the colours :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Toria, this is gorgeous. And you've put so much work into it too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at WOC this week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Toria, great minds think alike !!
    Julie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is just gorgeous...love the parchment paper and the banner, and of course Tilda is just perfect! thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so great. I gotta start thinking outside the box more!!! Love the idea of parchment! So super for our first birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous!!... Thanks for playing along with us at FFF! Hugs, Hege

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card, I love your soft colour mix.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya Vicky, thanks for joining us at FFF with your fabulous card. Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute. Such lovely, soft colors.

    Thank you for joining us at CCT!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. a fabulous card with cutie tilda! thanks for joining us at CCT.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Toria, this is a fabulous card. There is so much detail in it with the stitching on the banners and the stamping on parchment is lovely. The colours are really subtle.

    I love how this turned out, well done sweetie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The parchment does give it a really different look, doesn't it? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
Lv Toria

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails