Monday, 19 July 2010

Dragonfly Wishes - Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Challenge


Dragonfly: Her Story
By James Callos Jordan, Poem Hunter



Photobucket

From steady waters she waits, Dreaming to fly and glide the skies;

She humbly sleeps, Inside this fragile film of life.

Time came; she began to break free; She began to live her dream.

With a body fitted to swim, She swam as if she was flying.
She never gave up, She believed in her dream;

And soon she didn’t notice, She was out of the water soaring.
But as days pass by, She began to miss something;

Though she found someone, It soon left her all alone.
The poor thing just wondered, Trying to find some answers;

Until she finally passed by, This lagoon of clear serenity.
Seeing her reflection from the water, She found her answer;

That the thing she’s longing for, Is right where she was born.


PhotobucketNew things have been happening at Crafty Cardmakers with a spotlight challenge which will run along side the existing challenge - Photo Inspiration.




.


The Spotlight challenge is an Easel Card

I love easel cards and have a few in the last few weeks, so thought I would challenge myself to do a heart one.  What sealed this for me, was a tutorial on StampARTic, on Heart Baskets.  I remember making Scandinavian Heart Baskets at school and at Brownies, but have not made them for ages.  I knew I had to use this idea. 




Photobucket

 
Photobucket I used paper by Papermania to create the woven hearts. I stamped swirls around the edge with distress ink - Peeled Paint and then added Stickles to these. I then distressed the edges of the hearts with the same distress ink.



PhotobucketI stamped Fairy Dust Tilda and Watering Can in Memento ink and then coloured them in with Distress inks and copic's. I added stickles for the dust and that added bit of glitz.


The waterlily and dragonflies are stamped onto parchment paper. The leaf a circle of parchment paper. I coloured them with inktense pencils, distress inks and stickles. I added Glossy Accents to the dragonfly bodies.

Photobucket











Photobucket
Photobucket


I am entering this in the following challenges:



Lv Toria


9 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAMOLI! This is so detailed & spectacular! I love the story of the dragonfly at the beginning! All that bling & shine......it has such a.....whimsical feel to it! Your coloring is great and that heart shaped easle is TDF witht that 'floating' dragonfly! Good luck with the challenges, looks like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really gorgeous creation. I would think that heart-shaped easels are amongst the hardest to do too! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The work that has gone into this is simply amazing! What a stunner. I often look at my fellow DT and am in awe of their talent; and this is one of those occasions.

    Lin x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty project Toria! Love all the detail and dragonflies are always a hit with me. Your colouring of the little Tilda is great and the whole thing just sings!
    Hugs,
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOSH that is way cool!! I love all your details especially that flower... yum!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful with us at MDUC
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love it! Such a cute easel card, I love the woven papers and gorgeous flower. Wow.
    Thank you for playing at MDUC this week!
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally gorgeous! I bet this just DAZZLES IRL - LOVE it and the woven papers are a perfect background.
    Thanx for joining us at MDUC this week
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Toria, wow what can I say, completely lost for words, there arn't any words good enough.

    SIMPLY THE BEST hugs chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply stunnung work!
    Thanks for playing along with mu challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Take care.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
Lv Toria

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails