Monday, 28 June 2010

In The Blue

Photobucket


Hi Everyone

Yesterday, I gave a seek peek at a upcoming card and here it is.


Photobucket


I made this card for my Design team entry for the lastest - Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge 24 - Inky Fingers.

The requirements of the challenge are:

Our challenge to you this fortnight is to use ink/stains/mists of some sort on your design. You can keep it minimal such as edging around your card or really go to town and make backgrounds. Although promarkers and copics are ink they'll only be valid if you do something other than colour your image in with them such as colouring flowers or ribbons to match or making your own backgrounds.


Recipe for my card:

The stamp image is a Hanglar and Stanglar and stamped with Memento Ink. I have coloured her with Copic’s and Spica Glitter pens. I have been taking a Copic course with Color me Creative Classroom and my latest lesson is on creating shadows with copic's. So I used the technique on this image. Looking at the image now, I could have added more shadow to her to give a greater depth of colour.



Photobucket


Ink:

I created a background using Starburst Staines and Tissue paper. I added the starburst to a sheet of acetate. Using a sheet of Tissue paper, which I had screwed up first and then unfolded, placed it onto the sheet of acetate to soak up the lovely colours of the Starburst. I then dried the sheet with my heat tool.  The picture does not do it justice. 

Starburst Colour I used are:  (I will post them later, as I am work)

Photobucket


Embellishments:

Photobucket


The flower, I created using Parchment Paper, cut using a scalloped punch. I coloured the edges, using a combination of water and chalk to keep the translucent of the parchment paper. I added stickles to the edges.  Will post a tutorial for the flower in the near future.  I added leaves punched from card.

Photobucket

The pins, I created using Beads and Head pins.  I secured them using Pinflair glue (I just love this glue).  I saw these beads and had to have them.


Photobucket

Assembly:


Using some turquoise and black card, I created the main part of the card. I matted the starburst background on to this. I cut a rectangle from some paper that I got free in a magazine.

I added some ribbon on top of this and then added the image and the embellishments. To finish, I added some more stickles to the patterned paper.





Lv Toria

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Super blog and cards Toria!
    Hugs,
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it !!! this is so so lush xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blog Toria.

    I am looking forward to working with you over at CCM.

    Hugs Lin

    PS This card is a cracker and still lusting after the nous to make that yummy flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PPS I see you too love bears! Yahhay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is beautiful! Ilove the paper and flower you created and the lovely hanglar makes a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card (as usual). And thanks for the link for the flower. Now I know how to stop mine looking so flat!
    Jack xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow fab, totally stunning!
    Hugs melly xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
Lv Toria

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails