Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Crafty Cardmakers - CHALLENGE 23 - CARDS FOR MEN!

Hi Everyone
It is Challenge time on Crafty Cardmakers and the challenge this time is Cards for Men
Here is my Design Team card.  I decided as father's day is just around the corner - 20 June, that I would make a gift and matching card from my Dad.  I recently brought some of the Pirate stamps by magnolia and as my dad likes boats, I knew just what todo.

Photobucket



Stamps used:
  
  • Captain Edwin with Sword, Pirate Edwin and are from Magnolia Fairytale collection Pier Background Scene from Magnolia’s Lazy Summer Days 
  •  Boat is from Cute Companions – Summer Stories – Sun and Fun

Papers used:
Boat Template:

Sea Gull is from a parchment craft pattern.
The Images have been stamped in Memento Black Ink and coloured with copic's
Scene

Photobucket



The scene was created from a box that cat food came in.  I coloured the text background using chalk and added cute clouds from Mel Stampz blog. 


For the waves,  I have added Flowersoft and Glitter.


The Boat is coloured with copics and I have added flowersoft to look like seaweed.  The mast is two sticks from the garden, that I have joined together with thread and glue.  I added a pirates flag and a red sail made from tissue paper.











I added the Pirates and the seagull as well as some string to look like ropes.




To finish the scene off, I added ribbon to the edges.

Matching Card



I decied to create another easel card for this.  I created a patchwork background using the same sea themed papers, by cutting squares and then added stitching.  I added the boat to the centre, which also had chalk colouring to the edge.



I then added another pirate and the sea scene to finish the main panel of the card. I printed out Happy Father's Day from the computer and added some stickles to it for some extra glitz.  I mounted this on to matching sea theme paper and ribbon.







I am entering this in the following challenges:

Lv Toria
 Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. This is truly amazing what you have done! Thanks for joining us at MSL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what dedication. I can't imagine how long it took you to do this, your dad is a lucky guy. Great job. Please enter the MSL challenge often and let us see what you've been up to. Cindy2

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS!!! what a lot of work, but i am sure when the end result looks like this you sit back and think "its worth it" Just totally outstanding! LOVE IT!
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  4. great father's day project......a lot of work but a joy to look at.....thanks for joining FFF.....hope to see you next week again!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that is an awesome project & card!
    Thanks for joining us at MSL!

    Hugs

    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy toledo this is amazing!
    Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh... I bet your dad loved this it is TOTALLY amazing!!

    Thanks for joining us over at One stop crafts xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!!!!!!! absolutely stunning creations!! Your scene is amazing, love your use of flower soft, so many wonderful ideas! Your colouring and details are perfect on both the card and gift! I bet your Dad was blown away by these! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp! hugs, Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I'm totally blown out of the water at this project!!! It's brilliant!!!! Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays this week. Good luck!! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing project! The details are just amazing. I could look at it for hours!!!!! Great work!
    Thanks for joining our pirate themed challenge this week at Simon Says!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is fantastic! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! What an amazing project - your father wil love it!!! A labour of love!!!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous creations :-) The card and gift are just gorgeous ! am sure your Dad will love these :-)

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards good luck & thanks for joining us at OSSC, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply stunning - thank you so much for sharing it with us at OSCC - good luck in the draw.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is so so stunning, well done on such a wonderful creation - you have done us all proud at crafty cardmakers xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
Lv Toria

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails