Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Fairytales and Butterflies

I wanted to create a special card for my friend's birthday, using one of my new Tilda stamps - Fairytale Tilda.  I had seen a tutorial for a Joy fold card, so thought I would give it a go.  Joy Fold Tutorial, can be found HERE.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I used Pink and Peach card from the Papermill Shop.  The main paper's that I used for this card are from the Papermania Regency paper pad and the others are from a pad, I got free on a magazine.

I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink, to stamp all the images with.  I stamped two butterflies, as I wanted to layer the wings, to make them demensioal.  The Butterfly is from Magnolia's Spring club pack.
 
PhotobucketI stamped the image onto a circle, cut using a nestability die. 

 I have coloured Tilda with Copic's and Derwent Inktense Watercolour Pencils.

I used the following Copic's for the skin: E000, E00, E01, R20 and R22.

I also used C3, W1 and W3 for shadow.

I used Spica Glitter pens for detail and also to colour the butterfly in. 









PhotobucketThe finished butterfly has been created from the two images.  I glued one onto the image first and then cut just the wings off the other and using a ball tool, I embossed from the back to shape the wings.  Once, I was satified with the effect, I glue these on top of the complete one.  I used a Sukura Clear Glaze pen, to colour the butterfly.




I used chalks, around the edge to pull the blue and the green colours, out to the edge.  The complete image, has been mounted on to a scalloped circle, also cut using a nestability die.


Photobucket


I have used flowers from Wild Orchid crafts and added some Butterfly charms.  The larger one was purchased from a pound shop and I have treaded a piece of Pink spotted ribbon to hang it from.  The smaller one, I have had in my stash for a while and have waited for the right project. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket


PhotobucketFor the inside, I added another circle of Peach card card using a nestabilty die and added a birthday settlement.

I have decided to enter this card in the following challenges:




Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. so pretty! Thanks for sharing at sir stampalot and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea Toria...I love the butterfly instead of the frog...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's soooo pwetty! You've done a fab job with this one and your colouring is spot on :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card! I love your idea using the butterfly stamp instead of the froggy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Toria
    wow wee this is so so fabulous and perfect.
    thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot challenge.
    hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Toria

    What a very pretty card, reading your post you clearly spent a lot of time on this one and it certainly shows in the beautiful result.

    Thank you for joining us at Stampalot this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Toria what a beautiful name...and a beautiful card love the colours and your design that image of Tilda is gorgeous thank you so month for sharing this with us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation! Love the addition of the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at MSL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. I love how you have decorated the inside too.
    Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is adorable! so many gorgeous details!
    your friend is gonna to love it!

    Thanks for playing with us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers!

    Hugs

    Vivi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
Lv Toria

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails