Monday, 17 May 2010

Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge 21 Inside out

What a busy weekend it has been. I had it all planned. To spend most of Sunday crafting, but all plans go by the wayside.

Went up to my horse early, but when I was on my home, Mum spotted something coming down the road - A chestnut Mare in a panic and noone with her.   Looking at her, she had recently foal.  With some help from a passerby, we managed to get her into a nearby field.  Mum remember that a mare had giving birth at the side of the road, so we drove off to find the people who, had been trying to located her owners.  Found them and then went hunting for her foal.  We did not give much hope of finding her, but there she was in several fields away, crying for her mum.  We did try to catch her to get her back to her mum, but she would not have any of this.  Later on we did manage to with help of some friends, to reunite them. It was a lovely scene.  By the time we were finished, it was late afternoon.  But to add to this, my car decided to have puncher, so several swear words later, and manufactures being blamed.  The spare wheel was out of the holder and being fitted.  We finally got in at 7pm.

So my card sat on my desk waiting to be finished.  By 11pm, the card was finally finished.
Here is my card for the latest Crafty Cardmakers Inside out Challenge.

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket
All the stamps used are from the Magnolia Spring Club pack.  Tilda has been coloured with a combination of Derwent Inktense Pencils, Copic's, Spica Glitter pens and Chalk.

PhotobucketThe frogs has been coloured with Derwent Inktense pencils, Spica Glitter pens and Sukura Clear Gel pen.

The challenge was to decorate the inside of the card.  I used Papermania paper and I have distressed the edges.  I have added blue chalk to the edges for some more distressing.  One side has been raised on Sticky pads, so the matching bookmark can hang.  I also added a border cut from the main cut using a border punch.  I added some stickles glitter glue to this.
PhotobucketThe front using the same paper as the inside and I have added some gathered lace around the edge.  I added some flowers brought from Wild Orchid crafts to the corner and also some tiny ones, which were left over after I used the border punch.  These I stuck to the wall of the window.  I added the same border to the edge of the card.







Photobucket
I decided to create a matching bookmark for further decoration.












I am also entering this card in:







Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. This is stunning both the front as the inside! I love how you used the tiny flowers from the border on the inside... great idea!
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft Monday Challenges!
    Hugs, Marit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just beautiful. I really like the froggy on the bookmark. And, what a great story with a happy ending with mama horse being reunited with her baby thanks to you. Thank you for joining us at Project Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet your card is - love the images. Thanks for playing at Project Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card love the lace and flowers
    Thanks for joining in with PTW
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable card!! Super cute bookmark!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Project Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
Lv Toria

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails