Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 19 - Desert Island

The latest challenge on Crafty Cardmakers is Desert Island.  Check it out HERE

Say you were on a Desert Island stuck for several months, what crafty essentials would you have  to have with you?  Well I would have to say, lots of white card, - for stamping on, my copic pens and Watercolour pencils, Memento Inks, lots of ribbon and lace, charms, flowers, Spica pens, chalk and cotton wool, lots and lots of patterned and plain card/paper, My cuttlebug and Nestability dies, double sided tape, foam pads and glue and the big one would be magnolia stamps.

Here is the card, I created for the challenge


Photobucket



PhotobucketI used the 3 Stamps from the Magnolia Club Spring 2010.  I just had to use the frog as I thought he was so lovely.  I stamped him on white card and on a piece of eclipse tape (post-it notes are also good).  I cut the one out from the eclipse tape to use as a mask, on the one stamp on card.  I then used a flower, to stamp a background.  The first one, I stamped complete and then I stamped just the grass on the other side.  I then removed the tape and coloured the complete image in using Derwent Inktense pencils. 

Then I cut him out with a scalloped oval nestability.  I used chalks to add a distress look to the edge of the scallop.





Photobucket
Tilda was coloured in using Copics.  The colours, I used are: 

Skin - E000, E00, E01 and R20
Hair - E11, E33, E35, E47 and Y15
Clothes - R81, R83, R85, BG10, BG23  and B34
Spica Glitter pens for that added glitter.

Then I cut him out with a scalloped oval nestability. I used chalks to add a distress look to the edge of the scallop.









 I made a gate fold card from spotted card, but made the card so one flap to over lap the other.  I added some lace that has ribbon threaded though it (charity shop find), to pink pattern Papermaina paper oblong,  that I mounted onto my card base.  I created a bow from two ribbons - a organza one and the other a pretty pink spotted one.  I threaded the same pink spotted ribbon, though a heart charm, that I stuck to the back on the bow.  I then stuck this to the top corner of the card.  I then added a thank you sign to the opposite bottom corner.  Then stuck some some flowers below it. 

I am also entering this card in the following challenges:








Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Adorable! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers. Hugs, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How totally adorable! That frog is so stinkin cute! Great job..and thanks so much for playing along at Magnolia Stamp Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific job on the frog - I see you have the new collection. Please visit us again at the MSL challenge. Cindy2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow – what a fabulous job you’ve done with masking your images – your card is gorgeous - and I love your layout
    Thanx sooo much for joining us at MDUC this week.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. your card is adorable!! you did a great job!

    Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers!

    ps.: I have a blog candy, stop by to check it out (http://handmadebyvivi.blogspot.com)

    xxx
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so pretty...I love the way you used your stamps...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the soft blush of blue around the scallop mats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
Lv Toria

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails