Monday, 5 April 2010

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 18 - A CHALLENGING CHALLENGE

It is challenge time at Crafty Cardmakers and the challenge this time is to select a previous challenge on another blog, that you previously ran a mile from, complete it and say why you ran the first time.


Here is my card.

Photobucket


I decided to look at two challenges that I had not done for this one.

• Magnolia down under's, Fake or Real stitches challenge

• Just Magnolia - Paper Pleating challenge.

The reason that I did not do these challenges was that I felt that I did not have enough time to give them Justice but also I had no idea what so ever to do for them. I also decided to have a go at a hidden message card, as I had been wanting to do one for a while.

For this card, I used the following stamps:

• Magnolia: Tilda with Spring Bundle

• Stampin up: Thank you

Papers used:

• Papermania – Signature Blueberry Hill – All patterned paper

• The Papermill – Blue Card

Ribbon and Flowers from own collection

PhotobucketTilda was coloured with copic markers and Spica glitter pens. Then cut out using a Nestability Scalloped Oval. Then, I used three shades of pink chalks to distress the edge of the oval.


For the hidden message topper – I cut three Nestability labels – 2 from blue card and the other from patterned card. I added lace to the edge of one of the blue card labels. I cut a strip of the same blue card and folded this in half to create a hinge. I stuck this to the back of the lace edged label. Then I struck the other side of the hinge to the back of the patterned paper.

PhotobucketI then added some blue and pink ribbon to be able to tie the hidden message shut. I then added some flowers to tie side of the hidden message topper. I stuck the Tilda image on top of the topper.

Photobucket
I stamped a thank you and then cut out with a smaller scalloped Oval and used the same chalks to distress the edge. I added some colour to the image with Spica pens. This was then stuck inside the hidden message topper.

For the card base, I cut a strip about 5cm (2in) in width from a sheet of A4 Blue card. This should give you enough card, to create a 16 by 16cm (6in by 6in) card base. This I then folded in half. I round the top corners, with a punch.

I cut a square of pink card, which I rounded two top corners, with a corner punch. This I then stuck on to my card base.
Photobucket
I cut 2 strips of patterned paper about 5cm (2in) in width and using the tutorial on paper pleating, I pleated both strips. I had to pleat both strips and join them together, to make a strip long enough to fit along the bottom of my card. I stuck the pleated strip, on top of the pink card at the bottom of the card base. I then stuck a strip of blue ribbon on top of the pleated strip and then some narrow pink ribbon on top, down the middle of the blue ribbon. To match the hidden message topper.
I then stuck the hidden message topper to the card base.


I also decided to enter this card in the following challenges:


Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Hello :)
    beautiful card!love the style of your card and your flowers.Love what you did with the paper down the bottom of the card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, beautiful colours, cute image!
    x hugs Viipula from Finland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is amazing! I love every detail--my favorite papers, the pleating, flowers, and hidden message! Tilda is beautifully colored and perfectly framed with all these wonderful details! Thank you for joining us at Magnolia Down Under!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOO WOW the detail in this card is amazing! I have never seen one made like this before and LOVE it! The papers are gorgeous and the flower arrangement is amazing, LOVE it!
    Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC this week.
    Hugs Kel

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my oh my - stunning, gorgeous, beautiful. Gorgeously coloured image. Wonderful DP. Love it. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow..what a stunning creation! You are really really gifted! Happened to stumbled on your blog after browsing the Crafty Challenge blog and when i saw your card, i have to make a visit at your blog to comment.
    So inspiring! Well done and keep up the creative work. Congrats.
    Heaney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow – what a fabulous job you’ve done with the challenge – your card is gorgeous. I love your pleated DP and the way your card opens.
    Thanx sooo much for joining us at MDUC this week.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this card!!!! I love the colors and the pleated effect...Well done!!!
    Fantastic card
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card, fabulous image & I love the pleating wonderful details.
    Thanks for joining us on JM.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is just beautiful! The papers are so pretty and compliment the sweet image beautifully. Thanks for joining JM this week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your thank you card is beautiful and Tilda is adorable. A great take on the challenge. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Have a great day. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
Lv Toria

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails