Monday, 22 March 2010

Challenge 17 - Spring into Spring

Here is my card for the Crafty Cardmakers challenge 17 - Spring into Spring.



As the challenge is spring, First thing that came to mind, was daffodils and primroses, but it also means you have to pull on your wellies and go a find all the spring flowers. So I decided that I would use a wellie boot, which I found on the internet. I decided that I had to use yellow on my card, as most spring flowers are yellow, but you also get blue flowers around at this time
Stamps used:   Magnolia Tilda in Spring Rain  and Spring Tilda

Ribbon used:   Spring is in the air by Dovercraft and the Blue one by Papermania

Copic's used:
Skin - E000 Pale fruit Pink, E00 Skin White, E01 Pink Flamingo, R20 Blush, R29 Lipstick Red

Clothes - Y08 Acid Yellow, Y11 Pale Yellow, Y15 Cadmium yellow, B23 Phthalo Blue, B45 Smoky Blue, B93 Light Crockery Blue, YG00 Mimoas Yellow, YG03 Yellow Green, YG06 Yellowish Green, V61 Pale Grape, V12 Pale Lilac, RV95 Baby Blossoms and E04 Lipstick Natural.

Using a lilac blue butterfly paper found on the internet, I cut a boot. I added blue to the inside of the boot. Also, I added a green top band and sole, which I then added green stickle to them. The flowers are created using a daisy punch. I layered up 7 punched flowers with a pearl in the centre. The leaves are also punched. I stamped both the images in Memento Black Ink and coloured them in with Copics. The boots are coloured in first with colour and then using the Colourless Blender, to create a spotty effect. I then glued Spring Tilda on to the boot.
I used a creamy yellow card to create a square. I added Ribbon to the bottom and the side. This I mounted on to a lilac/mauve card. I added a larger flower and also some leaves. For the inside I used the same paper as I used for the boot and then added Spring Rain Tilda to the inside.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely comment Vicky, you have done a terrific job yourself...
    I see your another lover of these, as my Son call's them potato heads...they just can't see the attraction but I just love them, just hope there will be lot's of the new ones at the NEC later this week...

    I love your little widgety thing...I have to rely on the kids for help with the technical stuff on my blog...still learning now...lol

    Gorgeous card, great explanation and copic detail...

    Take care
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, and nice and unique too--love that big huge rain boot! Great colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought I would pop over and say I really loved your card, it was so pretty, well done xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
Lv Toria

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails