Sunday, 28 March 2010

Bookmark Tilda

I I visited a Spoon full of Sugar blog the other day and fell in love with Paola's beautiful card. I was so inspired that I wanted to have a go at one myself.

Here is my card. 

Photobucket




I used the sketch from magnolia down under.

The stamps used are:

Magnolia - Tilda with Letter and Swing

Fabulous Friend from Stampin Up.



Tilda was stamped in Memento ink and then coloured in with copic's. The background to the Tilda was created using chalks and a wet wipe. See below for an explanation on this technique.


The plain card is from my stash and the paper is from Papermaina as well as the ribbon.

PhotobucketI cut a scalloped circle and then stamped the Fabulous friend stamp in the centre with versa mark. I embossed it with cosmic shimmer ultra fine embossing power and then mounted it onto a pink scalloped circle. Then used it as the centre to a large flower.
I added a ribbon along the edge, from the large flower down and then turned the corner to take it along the bottom edge. I added a pre-tied bow, with a button sewn on it, the corner. I then added some flowers with buttons sewn into the centres, in coordinating colours. The round buttons and pre-tied bows are from the same series as the papermaina paper and ribbon. 

PhotobucketI created the same Tilda and swing image again for the bookmark. I mounted this onto the same card and paper, the only difference is that I punched a flower border on the pink card first and then punch it again on the yellow gingham paper. I then mounted the gingham paper onto the pink card aligning the border up. I added a pre-tied bow with a button in the centre.
The bookmark was created from a strip of card about 20cm in length that I scored about 5cm in from the top, to make a slip. I added magnetic strip to the slip and the back of the bookmark, so that when it in a book, it would be held in place.
Next thing, I decided to do, was to create something inside the card, for the bookmark to placed in. The idea is that the card would be the first thing the recipient would see and then when they opened the card that would get a surprise of a gift as well.

Photobucket
So I cut two pink rectangles and rounded the corners. I cut two pieces of the same yellow gingham paper and also round the corners. I stuck these to the bottom of the pink rectangles. I cut a strip of green cut and punched the same flower border and then add the same gingham ribbon to the top of the punched card. I then mounted this onto the top of one of the pink rectangles, to hang the bookmark on. I add two matching flowers with buttons in the centre to the sides. I stuck the pink rectangle with the bookmark hanger on to the back of the front of the card and then other one to other side. I stamped and embossed the same Fabulous Friend stamp to another green scalloped circle and stuck this to another pink scalloped circle. I then stuck this on to the yellow gingham paper.



Photobucket


I am going to continue to add to this gift set with a candle and matching tin. Will post them, when they are completed.

Chalk and Wet Wipe background.

This is a very quick and simple technique to do. All you need is coloured chalks of your choice, cotton buds or something to out the chalk on to the wet wipe, a couple wet wipes and card/paper of your choice.
First screw your wet wipe up in to a ball. Then left some colour from the colour of your choice and place onto the wet wipe. Then either wipe across the paper or working in circular motion to place the colour on. Keep adding colour to the wet wipe. You may need to start to use a new wet wipe as they do dry up quickly.

You can add different colours to your background as well. Another thing you can add for a bit of sparkle is mica. But you would have to set this with hair spray afterwards.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:


A Spoon Full of Sugar - Bookmark This
Cute Card Thursdays - Dimensions
Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge - Pink, Green & Flowers
By the Cute and Girly - March Challenge - Spring is in the Air




Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Bookmark,thanks for playing along with ASFOS this week,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card and bookmark, perfect little gift. Thanks for sharing at BTC&G
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gorgeous, adorable card, love the bookmark inside too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card and love the bookmark, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
Lv Toria

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails