Monday, 15 February 2010

Crafty Cardmarkers Digi Challenge

I am a bit late at posting, had such a busy few days. I did a craft taster on the 8th, which went very well and start teaching a 8 week course on 22nd February, so have been busy sorting out what to do with them. But here is my card. Check out the Challenge and the Design teams cards - Crafty Cardmakers Digital Delights.



  
You will need:

  • Coloured card or Paper.
  • Image
  • Versamark ink
  • Embossing powder of you choice
  • Heat glue
  • Cutterbug or simular
  • Embossing folder
  • Colouring medium of your choice
  • Nestability dies or simular
  • Ribbon
  • Brads
  • Flowers
  • Flowersoft
  • Easy Easel Card instructions - click for instructions
  • Easy Background instructions  - click for instructions

crafty cardmakers


The image is one of Pollycrafts great limited edition digi stamps called Woodland Elves - Innocence. This digi stamp is no longer available but can be purchased as a rubber stamp. I have coloured her with Copic Makers and used co-ordinating cards to match the colours used. I added lavender flowersoft to the flowers to add some dimension to the image. I then cut it out using a scallop nestablilty die.

Using a background created from the my easy background method below, I cut two squares using label nestablity.

I coloured some 'Stampin up' Whisper White Ribbon, using co-ordinated copic markers to the rest of my design.  I added a strip of this ribbon two one of the labels and then mounted my Elf on to it.  This I then mounted on to my main card mount (part b of Easy Easel Instructions, please see below).  I added some flowers that I also coloured using copics. 

For the base of the card - I added another strip of the copic coloured ribbon to the other label and added two brads.  These are used to stop the card from falling over, once finished.  I mounted the label to the base and added more flowers to co-ordinate with the rest of the card.




  • Part A - Take a card blank or a strip of card.  
  • Score and fold the front in half.  
  • Part B - Take another card blank the same size and cut in half down the centre fold. Or cut a piece of card the same size as one side of the card blank. 
  • You will now have the two pieces that make up the easel card.  
  • You can see by the arrow that you will attach Part B to the bottom of the of Part A.

Photobucket

    • I find it easier to decorate both pieces separately before I attach them together

    • Now all you have to do is assemble both pieces together and you will have your easel card

    crafty cardmakersCrafty Cardmakers




    How to create a easy background.

    You will need:


    • Coloured card or Paper. 
    • Stamp of your choice (I chose a small flower) 
    • Versamark ink 
    • Embossing powder of you choice 
    • Heat glue 
    • Cutterbug or simular 
    • Embossing folder

    On your paper/card, randomly stamp your image all over you sheet of paper. Then pour embossing powder of images making sure that you have all the image lines covered. Shake excess off. If you like you can stamp small sections at time and pour the embossing powder over as you go. Heat design, to melt the embossing powder. Once all paper has been done. Put in an embossing folder and run though cutterbug, etc.

    Crafty Cardmakers

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
    Lv Toria

    Link Within

    Related Posts with Thumbnails