Thursday, 14 January 2010

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #29



Magnolia Down under's challenge this time is - Stamp with Another Use?  - Take a magnolia stamp and use it for another use.  For example take “wrapped Tilda and use her on a Birthday card or even a Baby card…So your taking a Chrsitmas based stamp and giving it another use. Take a Halloween stamp and use for say a Valentines Card.

Here is my card.




I used the sketch from Friday Sketchers for challenge 84 to base this card and decided to do it in a valentine theme.






I used Tilda with Heart Ornament, stamped in Memento Ink. I used watercolour pencils and Copic marker to colour her in. I decided to do a Valentine theme. She is coloured in with pinks and reds. I used diamond accents on the heart ornament. I used Nestability die to cut the circles and then used a cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the centre circles. I used papers that I got free in a craft magazine and red card from Paper Mill. The lace was from a charity shop and the ribbon came off a box of chocolates. I added a heart charm and some flowers as well.


I also used this for the ABC – laying challenge as well.

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card! I really love your use on the sketch and the christmas image :)

    Thanks for joining is at Friday Sketchers and Magnolia Down Under Challenges!

    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a very sweet card. Love Tilda sitting atop the cupcake. Colored so beautifully too. Great layout and flower embellishments. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for sharing your card with us at MDUC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toria, what a gorgeous card. Love your use of the Christmas Tilda for Valentine. Great take on the sketch. The double layer of nestabilites circles looks fabulous. Love the colours.
    Thanks for playing and joining us Magnolia Down Under.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Toria. I love the stamp - she looks adorable. Wonderful job with the challenge. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, great embelishments too, especially the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I love Tilda sitting on the cupcake. Too cute! :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brill Card Toria, love the colours hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The nestie circles are a great touch and you did a great job with Tilda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Toria, I just love this card! You have done a great job with this sketch! Your coloring is beautiful and I like how you perched Tilda on that muffin! I was away on vacation and only now catching up on blog visits! I've become a follower of yours! Thanks for visiting my blog also! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations. Oh, and your teddy bears! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
Lv Toria

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails