Sunday, 10 January 2010

Latest Creations

Well it is still snowing here and I have not been at work for the last few days due to the snow, so I have had the chance to do some crafting.  Here are the cards I have made recently as well as a sneak peek at another that will be posted shortly.

The first is using a Magnolia stamps - Tilda in Pretty dress and Love Muffin.



The images are stamped in Memento Black Ink. I used Watercolour pencils and copic marker to colour them in. Copics used for this card are:
Cupcake - BG10 Cool Shawdow, BG23 Coral Sea, BG34 Horizon Green, E21 Baby Skin Pink ,E35 Chamois and E37 Sepia.
Tilda - BG10 Cool Shawdow, BG23 Coral Sea, BG34 Horizon Green, E00 Skin White, E11 Barley Beige, E04 Lipstick Natural, R20 Blush , R02 Flesh, E35 Chamois, E33 Sand, E37 Sepia, E53 Raw Silk, Y17 Golden Yellow and Y15 Cadimum Yellow.

Atyou Spica Pens used: 02 Pink and 00 Clear (Fab glitter pens) I used these both for highlights but also for glitter on the cup cake.



I used Nestability dies for the circles.  I cut two small circles from Stampin Up Whisper White care and then stamped Warm Wishes stamp taken from Stampin Up 'Cheers and Wishes' stamp set, with  SU Pretty in Pink ink.Then traced the phase in glitter pen - Spica 02 Pink.  I used Pretty in Pink ink to colour the background of the whisper white using a piece of tissue or cotton wool.  It gives you a mottled or distessed look.



Card used for this card is: Stampin Up - Pretty in Pink and the green card was from a Docrafts 12 by 12 pack of multicolours.
I love making cards like this as they are very simple to make but look very good when done.  All you need for this is one piece of A5 for the centre and two A5 folded to make the flips.  The only thing you need to make sure is that the when you stick the flips on to the centre card that the door meet in the middle so that you do not show the centre image when closed.  You can make this card in other sizes and also in a square.

You can either have one length of ribbon that you stick to the back on the flips of the card or two  shorter lengths that you stick to the flips.  Both ways work well but when you use the longer length I feel you need to cover the back after you have finshed and also cover the ribbon up on the flips as I have done.  The ribbon came from cards I picked up in my local pound shop. 




My second card is a brithday card.  Using Cute companion stamps taken from Celebration set.  When I saw the cupcakes, I had to have a go at this card.  All the images are stamped in Memento Black ink and are coloured in using both watercolour pencils and copic markers.  Copic used:  E43 Dull Ivory, R27, R29, E53 Raw Silk, E33 Sand, E35 Chamois, E37 Sepia, E43 Dull Ivory, E47 Dark Brown, B23 Phthalo Blue , B24 Sky, R20 Blush, V91 Pale Grape and RV95 Baby Blossoms.

Also used Atyou Spica 00 Clear.




The cupcake icing is created using stickles Eucalyptus and Gold.  The cherry is glazed with diamond glaze.



I created an insert and stamped another little character with a balloon also glazed with diamond glaze.

 I stamped another cupcake and it to the opposite of the insert.


I rounded the corners of the card with a corner punch.  Card used in this project are:   Tempting Turquoise and and Bordering Blue. Images were stamped on Whisper White card.  The insert is pearlised paper.





Here is a sneak peek of a card that will be featured on here next week.








Don't foget to look tomorrow at Crafty Cardmakers Blog for the latest challange.









1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love,love this little Tilda and the muffin!! So, so very cute and beautifully done!! I love the sparkles, just so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
Lv Toria

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails