Monday, 11 January 2010

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge - WEEK 12 - WHATS NEW?

The latest challenge for Crafty Cardmakers was to use new products or techniques, maybe things that santa brought. 

Well I decided to use a stamp that I was given for Christmas.  Just before Christmas I brought some packs of notebooks to alter, so decided to use one for this project.




Card used in this project: Stampin Up - Tempting Turquoise, Creamy Caramel and the other was some from Paper Mill.

Stamps used: Magnolia - Tilda with Cat and Papermania - Doodles from Clare Curd's Signature Range

Ink used: Memento Tuxido Black

Copic Markers used:
Skin - E00 Skin White, E21 Baby Skin Pink, R20 Blush , E04 Lipstick Natural
Hair - Y11 Pale Yellow, E43 Dull Ivory, E35 Raw Silk, E33 Sand, E57 Light Walnut
Clothes - BG10 Cool Shadow, BG23 Coral Sea, BG34 Horizon Green, B93 Light Crockery Blue , YG03 Yellow Green, YG00 Mimosa Yellow, G99 Olive, Y11 Pale Yellow, Y17 Golden Yellow
Cat - E21 Baby Skin Pink, E35 Raw Silk, E37 Sepia, E47 Dark Brown, E57 Light Walnut, YR16 Apricot, R20 Blush, R02 Flesh

Atyou Spica Pens used : 00 Clear and 08 Turquoise (I also got these for Christmas as well as some more Copic Markers)

Flowers: 2 Large and 2 Slight smaller. I brought mine from the Flora Doodles Daisy Box Blends range
Plus 2 gems for the centres

Other: Notebook, Ribbon and Diamond Glaze or similar



Method:
Notebook - I replace the cover with a new one create from Tempting Turquoise SU Card. Added a smaller piece of card at the bottom. Added strips of ribbon and then a flower, created from two flowers stuck together with a blue pearl in the centre. Tilda was coloured in with Copic's and then I added highlights with Spica Pens. I used Glaze on her shoes and the Cat nose. I added faux stitching using black pen.



Card - Tilda is decoupaged and coloured as for the note book. I cut a card blank from Tempting Turquoise. I cut a piece of Creamy Caramel card and added strips of the ribbon and then stick it to the card blank. I cut a circle from Tempting Turquoise using a Nestability Die and then a scalloped one from the paper mill card. Then I put this on the the card. I stuck Tilda to the circle. I again added faux stitching to the card edge and the around the middle circle.


 For the inside I cut two squares from the paper mill card and then stamped flowers from the doodle stamp set.  I added spica 08 Turquoise to them.  I added faux stitching around the edge. These I then stuck inside the card blank.












16 comments:

  1. Vicky,
    I love the image and your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable, Vicky! What a lot of work you put into the notebook and card. Great job...hugs...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicky,
    What a lovely gift set this will make! You have done a lot of work on the notebook!!
    Nicely done :o)
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, Vicky! Great job! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are adorable! You have done a fantastic job with this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Toria. Love the pussy cat.
    Hugs marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...these are cute vicky! and nice coloring. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable. I just love this image. One of my favorites. Wonderful job! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww...your projects are so very sweet! Thanks so much for sharing :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card! I love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww so sweet and such a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Vicky, pretty card and notebook you got here, love the pretty colors!Check my Blog candy, you still have time to sign up!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this Tilda is adorable with the kitty! Great colouring, and really like the faux stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your cards - cute image
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colours and the Flora Doodles and the decoupage on the image is brilliant.

    Great stamp image, I bet your glad Santa brought it for you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really love reading them and appreciate each and everyone.
Lv Toria

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails